BUNGALOW ON THE BLUFF
- Park your car! Just steps to Port Townsend restaurants, galleries, shops, and historic waterfront.
- Quiet, private, and peaceful with no downtown traffic noise…and free parking!
- Sweeping water views of Port Townsend Bay and Olympic mountain views.
- Classy and comfortable suite with wireless internet, flat screen cable TV with DVD.
- Muffins and orange juice for first morning; coffee and tea provided ensuite.
- Beautifully maintained northwest gardens and private outdoor space
This private getaway is perfectly situated to explore all that Port Townsend and the Olympic Peninsula has to offer. Whether you are spending a day, weekend, or a long vacation, we provide helpful ideas and information so all you have to do is to enjoy!
Here are several reasons to come to Port Townsend this summer:
- Port Townsend Farmer’s Market: Just two blocks from the Bungalow is our Saturday Farmer’s Market! It is a vibrant community event which is celebrating it’s 20th anniversary this year! There are over 70 vendors each week, representing 40 local farms, 4 artisan cheese makers, 3 cideries, artisan bakers, expresso and coffee, herbal salves, soaps, arts, and crafts. There is live music, plenty of eating opportunities, and always friendly people to mingle with! At the corner of Taylor and Lawrence, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm every Saturday.
- Festival of American Fiddle Tunes: July 4-5, 2013 More Information here.
- Port Townsend Jazz Festival: July 21-18, 2013 More information here.
- Art Gallery Walk First Saturday of every month 5:00 – 8:00 Enjoy walking through some of Port Townsend’s finest art galleries and special exhibits! A fun way to spend a Saturday evening!
- Finn River Cidery is a fun way to spend a weekend afternoon, especially this time of year…perfect for tasting sparkling cider! Go to www.finnriver.com for details and directions. Check out a great article on local cideries here.
- The Rose Theatre If you have not been to The Rose Theatre in Port Townsend, you are in for a very special treat. Aside from showing reallyfabulous movies that are actually worth seeing, going to The Rose is like taking a trip down memory lane. It is has a ton of charm, is warm and cozy, and serves the best fresh popcorn in the world! They have a choice of toppings to put on your fresh hot popcorn. Have you every tried Brewer’s Yeast on popcorn? Yum!
- Port Townsend Film Festival September 20-22, 2013 Ok, this is our personal most favorite event in Port Townsend! We love the personal feel of this festival, and it is truly one of the gems of our city. They hold events all year (check out their website here), but their signature event is the Annual Film Festival, held the third weekend of September. Is a glorious event at a glorious time of the year!